OHBPA is committed to developing the next generation of great, young entrepreneurs.
The Oak Hill Young Business Award (OHYBA) was founded by OHBPA in 2013 with first awards given in 2014. It recognizes initiative and raises awareness of the tools and talents needed in the business world. While the established college path is a proven, successful path, it is not a perfect fit for all. Some of the most amazing business ventures have followed nontraditional paths to success. This award encourages the young people in our community to develop the imagination and industry needed to become great entrepreneurs.
Unlike traditional scholarships, the OHYBA rewards applicants for their ingenuity, organization and drive. Applicants submit a business plan, and finalists introduce their plan during an interview.
- Applicants may participate as individuals or as teams. Each team member must complete a separate application but the team submits one business plan.
- Individuals, or at least one Team Member, must reside in the Oak Hill Area defined here as West of Brodie Lane to the Travis County line and north to Barton Creek and to the Bee Cave city limit (click here for map).
- All Applicants must be Texas high school students or high school aged, home-schooled student.
- Applicants must develop a business plan for a project or business they envision or have already initiated.
- Deadline for submitting completed applications is 8:00 a.m. Monday, April 17, 2017.
- Finalists will be notified on Monday, April 24, 2017 and must be available for a one hour interview on April 25th, 26th, or 27th.
- Awards will be presented at the OHBPA luncheon on Thursday, May 4, 2017 from 11:30AM to 1:00PM.